Monday, January 2, 2012

Occupy Haight-Ashbury.... Please?

"Does this outfit make my mustache look big?"
Although the Occupy Wall Street movement is full of super snazzy dressers, (see image above), many of their tactics are asinine.  I wrote the following comment on a MSN.com message board.  Apparently one of the editors at MSN.com Money has a son that is 22, out of work, likes to smoke weed and break windows.  This editor must have let this kid post this article on MSN Money.  There can be no other explanation!  My comments about the article follow:

How sad that a movement that has so many valid points and goals is run by children and childish adults.  Now the good that could have been done will be down played by further ridiculous antics.  So the so called "1%" will use their media to highlight the moronic behavior and the far left aims of OWS.  This will over shadow the legitimate aims of the protests.

As far as the sophomoric pranks and disruptions that OWS is planning, stay out of normal peoples way.  I can safely speak for people who work 55 - 60 hours a week and ensure OWS members that we have zero patience for unneeded disruptions to our time or extra costs ran up by pointless vandalism.  If you dislike the super wealthy, make sure to target the super wealthy.  Here is a hint, they aren't the people you have bothered and disrupted so far.

OWS should actually be revolutionary and make a difference without disrupting the lives of normal people.  Smashing windows out, rioting, camping in parks, doing drugs, and playing bongo drums is not revolutionary, it is foolish and juvenile.  Way to put yourselves on par with EPL soccer fans!  I'm sure that America will take you just as seriously too.

Here is a link to the article in question:    http://money.msn.com/investing/watch-out-1-percent-the-kids-will-be-back-marketwatch.aspx?page=3&_p=f48bd103-1b63-4a89-b5f7-cef06f2b8d71&_nwpt=1

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading your blog for some time now and I have been offended countless times by the pictures that you have posted. I don't believe that it is right to be openly against gays or openly make light of domestic abuse survivors either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goldfish is a homosexual domestic abuse survivor who has a learning disability, is a fin amputee and has the flu . Now I am offended that you would say that and so is Mr. Fins!!! (my goldfish). As offended as I am by all of this I will continue to post my blog. I already lost myself as a reader of my own blog. I think Mr. Fins is crying right now, it is hard to tell though because he is under water. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete