Monday, February 27, 2012

Earnings Trading Chase...... FAIL!!!!!

Don't chase your own tail!!!
This earnings season I made a big mistake.  I chased after stocks because of their scheduled earnings reports.  Regardless of the future position of the stock that I was in I was selling out of good positions so that I could be in position to trade a new stocks earnings report.  This ended up costing me profits and to a lesser extent trading fees, (aka slippage). 

I have learned my lesson.  Earnings are not to be traded, there are too many variables and too much biased opinion attached to them.  From now on if something is working I will stick with it until it is not working anymore.  This strategy was abhorrent and did not yield any profits for me.  I will NEVER chase after earnings trades during earnings season again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment