Monday, February 6, 2012

Cramer's Fifth Commandment of Trading: Tips are for Waiters


I really like Cramer's fifth commandment of trading.  It makes it very easy to remember that you should never make a trade based on a tip.  After all who would just buy a stock because someone they knew told them to buy without even looking at the fundamentals of the stock before purchasing it?!?!?  Apparently a lot of people would.  Simply put, DON'T DO THAT!!!!

On the other side of the coin, don't give tips either.  In the past I personally made a huge mistake once and accidentally did this.  Someone at work asked me about a stock and I offhandedly said something like, "Oh yeah I like that company they have a cool service.".  Little did I know that the person who was asking me was basing their decision to buy on what I said.  My little uninformed tip or answer contributed to them buying a stock that got crushed just a week or so later!  I thought that the company had a cool product but I didn't know anything at all about the fundamentals or news pertaining to the stock.  I definitely learned my lesson!  Now anytime that someone asks me for a tip about a stock if I don't know the stock I tell them that I don't know anything about the stock!  That makes sense now doesn't it!  So does the stock trading commandment, "Tips are for Waiters".

0 comments:

Post a Comment